We’re hiring for a writer! Apply by Thursday 4 March
Written by Emily Bate
Salary: up to £40,000, plus profit share up to £5,000
Location: London, EC1R
Apply by: Thursday 4 March
We’re strategists and writers who help businesses make complicated subjects like money and health more meaningful to more people.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- craft clear and compelling copy
- have at least 2 years’ professional writing experience
- are comfortable working across digital and traditional media
- enjoy getting to the heart of the problem and can express complicated ideas clearly
- are a strategic thinker as much as a wordsmith
- champion the needs of the end user, while keeping the business needs in mind
- base your approach on insight and evidence
- build great relationships with clients and colleagues
- love to learn new skills and share them
You’ll work on a mix of print and digital projects, so you’ll also need to be familiar with the fundamentals of content design. This role might suit someone with a copywriting background who’s also been involved in designing and creating digital user journeys.
Our office is in Farringdon, London. We’re all working from home right now, and although we’re unlikely to go back to working from the office full-time, you’ll need to live close enough to be able to make it in at least a few days a week.
We help our clients write and talk in a way that’s clear, vivid and real – so their story makes sense, so their ideas come to life, so their message sticks. Whether we’re writing copy, designing communications, or producing video, it’s our job to help people make better decisions about the things that affect their futures. So although we specialise in words, we always start with strategy.
We’re an employee ownership trust so we’re owned by a trust on behalf of its employees. This means that as a member of the team you’ll have a stake in the business.
Who we work with
We work with clients who have tricky or technical stories to tell. Their products and services are often invisible or intangible – hard to understand and even harder to love.
Recently, we’ve been creating a suite of videos to show people how their investments shape the world around them, and how they can invest to shape the future they want. We’ve also been helping a healthcare company talk about the amazing ways doctors save lives. And we’ve been revamping the packs pension schemes send out so that members can make more informed choices about their lives after work.
Take a peek at some of the organisations we work with.
What we can offer you
- Profit share bonus, up to £5,000 a year
- Matched pension contributions of up to 6%
- 20 days’ holiday in your first year, plus bank holidays. This increases each year up to 25 days in your 4th year.
- Personal training budget
- Employee assistance programme, for you and your family
- Weekly pilates
- Yoga every other week
- Regular team socials
How to apply
If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please send us an email explaining why we’d be a good fit for each other. We’d like to see your CV and a few examples of your professional writing.
Please also tell us where you saw this job ad – this will help us understand the best way to reach people in the future.
The closing date is Thursday 4 March