When faced with complex scientific concepts, best-selling author David Bodanis knows how to find the clearest explanation, as he tells Quietroom Out Loud.
Science writer David Bodanis has entertained and informed readers with books such as ‘E=mc2’ and ‘Einstein’s Greatest Mistake’, in which he brings to life ideas that used to be inaccessible to all but the privileged few. We asked him how he does it, and how you can borrow his techniques, whatever you’re writing.
Our own Rhys Williams also shares his top tips for making big ideas connect with even bigger audiences.
You can also read the transcript of the episode.
- Check out David’s website
- Pre-order Einstein’s Greatest Mistake
- Watch David’s talk on the Ten Commandments
- Watch Brian Cox explain entropy using sandcastles from his BBC show, Wonders of the Universe
- Order John Lanchester’s book Whoops!: Why Everyone Owes Everyone and No One Can Pay
Other things you might like: